Tuesday, August 3, 2010

God Remembers the Children of Israel

For more detail, search Exodus 6.


God had not forgotten the children of Israel. He told Moses to tell them, "I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgements"
(Exodus 6:6):


"And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians" (Exodus 6:7).

"And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord" (Exodus 6:8).

Moses delivered the Lord's message to the children of Israel, but they did not listen to him because of their "...anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage" (Exodus 6:9). God then commanded Moses to go to the Pharaoh and tell him to "...let the children of Israel go out of his land" (Exodus 6:11).

Moses' confidence was down because the children of Israel did not listen to him and he explained this to God and asked Him how the Pharaoh would listen to him (Exodus 6:12). Again, including Aaron, God gave him and Moses "...a charge unto the children of Israel, and unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt" (Exodus 6:13).

Exodus 6:14-25 included a list of the children of Israel who Moses and Aaron were to bring out of the land of Egypt 'according to their armies' (Exodus 6:26).

"And it came to pass on the day when the Lord spake unto Moses in the land of Egypt" (Exodus 6:28),


"That the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, I am the Lord: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee" (Exodus 6:29).

Moses' confidence was still shaken and he continued to question God how the Pharaoh would listen to him (Exodus 6:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment