Thursday, April 25, 2013

"And I Enjoyed Every Moment of it Too" --Peggy Townsend

"And I enjoyed every moment of it too."  I shall always remember these words recently spoken to me by my Aunt Peggy about how she felt in sharing meals with me at her kitchen table over the years. 

Oh, the countless times our family has been united at the home and table of Auburn and Peggy Townsend.  I have such good memories of the fellowship  and unity that has taken place at their home.  Unity is favored in Psalms 133:1, "Behold, how good and  how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Following is a song based on this Psalm verse called Blest Be the Tie that Binds with words written by John Fawcett and music by Johann G. Naegeli.  This version is printed in the expanded 4th edition Maranatha! Music Praise Hymns and Choruses.  I dedicate this to the memory of Aunt Peggy Townsend who passed away on Tuesday:

Blest be the tie that binds
Our hearts in Christian love;
The fellowship of kindred minds
Is like to that above.

Before our Father's throne
We pour our ardent prayers;
Our fears, our hopes, our aims are one,
Our comforts and our cares.

When we asunder part,
It gives us inward pain;
But we shall still be joined in heart,
And hope to meet again.

Aunt Peggy, thank you for sharing meals with me at your table and for all the fond memories.  May you rest in peace! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment