Saturday, June 8, 2013

For Christ's Sake

When we selfishly set out to live life any way we choose, this life will eventually be lost in hell for eternity; however, when we sacrifice our life to live for Christ, we have found our life for eternity in heaven.  "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it" (Matthew 10:39).  Here are the words to a hymn called "Only One Life" from The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration to help you contemplate living your life for Jesus:

Only one life to offer
Jesus, my Lord and King;
Only one tongue to praise Thee
And of Thy mercy sing (forever);
Only one heart's devotion
Savior, O may it be
Consecrated alone to Thy matchless glory,
Yielded fully to Thee.

Only this hour is mine, Lord
May it be used for Thee;
May ev'ry passing moment
Count for eternity (my Savior);
Souls all about are dying,
Dying in sin and shame;
Help me bring them the message of
Calv'ry's redemption
In Thy glorious name.

Only one life to offer
Take it, dear Lord, I pray;
Nothing from Thee withholding,
Thy will I now obey (my Jesus);
Thou who has freely given
Thine all in all for me,
Claim this life for Thine own to be used, my
Savior, Ev'ry moment for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment