Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"How do we know if we're hearing from the Lord?"

Today, I received a letter from Pastor Charles Stanley with In Touch Ministries which asks the big question: "How do we know if we're hearing from the Lord?"  I could not help but compare my recent response from God with the guidelines set forth in the letter.  Here are the guidelines:

1) "God's voice is always consistent with His Word." (Acts 17:11)

2) "His messages often challenge our faith." (Hebrews 11:6)

3) "(T)he Lord's voice is often quiet."  (I Kings 19:11-13)

In reviewing these guidelines I am happy and certain to say that my last response from God which I posted in a blog entry yesterday was indeed God's voice.  Referring to the guidelines, the Words I received were directly from Isaiah 55:10, 11.  My faith was challenged in the sense that I was moved to share the experience with you.  My faith was increased because of the presence of God that I experienced.  Personally, the reward for me is God's presence  (Hebrews 11:6).

In his letter, Pastor Stanley said, "...(God) often speaks quietly to our hearts at unexpected times (I Kings 19:11-13).  This describes my experience because I was searching for other scriptures when I unexpectedly came across Isaiah 55:10,11.  To increase my faith even more, God has spoken to me in His perfect timing through the words of Charles Stanley.  Amen!

Has God ever spoken to you? If so, I truly would enjoy hearing about the experience.  Write to me at e.towns@hotmail.com to share your experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment