Monday, October 10, 2011

Find Your Common Ground in Jesus

Sometime back I met a young man who was not getting along with his wife. From his point-of-view, he could do nothing right in his wife's eyes. He had to work to support the family including his mother-in-law. The entire situation was certainly a matter for God to handle so I asked him if they attend church. The family seemed to be divided on church matters too. He said my wife is Episcopalian and I am Mormon. I knew that Episcopalians believe in Jesus Christ. I inquired whether Mormons believe in Jesus Christ and he said yes and God also. I mentioned for him to turn to his faith. I was certain he and his wife could overcome their differences through common ground in Jesus Christ.

Satan is at work through nonessentials like denomination to cause division among God's people. The essential for us all is Jesus Christ. In revisiting the verses of Mark 9:38-41 mentioned in the last blog entry, I believe these verses can help us overcome denominational or other differences when Jesus Christ is the common ground. The devil can be cast out of our differences in Jesus' name! Amen!

Let's "[endeavor] to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" [Ephesians 4:3-6 (KJV)]

No comments:

Post a Comment