Monday, October 24, 2011

Neighborly Love Spoken through Actions Louder than Words

Over a couple of months ago I had a work assignment with someone who truly exemplified the great commandments of loving God and neighbor through his actions that spoke louder than his words! I know the person was a Christian because when I met him the first thing he asked me was whether I am a Christian. I replied with a "yes." He said that he could tell. The only explanation is that the Holy Spirit was present. I asked him if he was a Christian too. He also replied with a "yes." We continued to talk on our way to the job location.

I am truly thankful to have been assigned to work with the gentleman. I have no doubt that God placed him in my path as I had been unemployed and this was my first job in two years. It was an extremely hot day where the temperatures continuously made me physically sick. Had it not been for his neighborly love, his patience, his strength and his endurance, I am certain I would not have made it through the work day. As the day continued, the love for God and love for brother was circulating all around us through the presence of the Holy Spirit! I have been in awe since the occasion and left searching for the right words to share about the day.

God was awesome to work through my Christian brother as the hands and feet of Jesus! I have to express my deepest thanks. I pray that my brother is continuing on his walk with the Lord because he is setting a Christian example for others to follow! To God be the Glory! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment