Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Much Ado about Grace



God continues to have me search for the treasures in the book of Ruth.  One of the treasures found is that of grace.  Ruth finds grace in the eyes of Boaz.  Ruth asked Boaz, "Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me seeing I am a stranger?" (v. 10).  It turns out that Boaz was kin to Ruth.

I can closely relate to Ruth because of the grace I found in my temporary employer's eyes I was led to my current permanent employer.  Even while I worked as a temporary employee, there was something about the work environment that made me feel a sense of kinship.  A sense of family.  A sense of belonging.  I was so thankful to become a permanent employee.  The only thing I can attribute it to is grace.  God's amazing grace in action!  Amen.  This calls for Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace above!

1 comment:

  1. Hasty generalization I’d say. I would at least consider two factors: the business need and your work performance in your employer's decision to hire you. Ruth's narrative makes for a good story, but most businesses (well the ones that stay in business at least) don't give their money away out of sheer benevolence.

    ReplyDelete