Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sacred Presence



From my previous post, you know that it is by God's grace that I have my current job which is a blessing indeed!  Prior to my current employment, God permitted evil to come into my life for His good reasons.  This has been hard for me to accept and understand, but I would not be where I am today had God not permitted it.  With this said, I am brought back to write about my current work.

 There is certainly nothing glamorous about my work.  You can imagine--I work in the soil department in the textile industry.  Let me tell you, though, God can be found in the most unexpected places.  Like Brother Lawrence in the book  The Practice of the Presence of God which was rewritten by Harold J. Chadwick "...[my] soul has been filled with joys so continual, and sometimes so great, that [I am] forced to use means to moderate them, and to hinder their appearing outwardly" (p. 73).  I know that my management and coworkers have seen my smiling expression and wondered what was up.  If so, they have done so without passing judgment.  As a matter-of-fact, a coworker recently said that I always come in the morning with a smile.  This smile is the joy of the Lord coming with me in the morning!

More closely to the point that I am trying to make is that I am blessed with the Presence of God in my work as well as wonderful management and coworkers.  For these reasons, I find my job one of the best! You can make your job one of the best also by inviting God's presence.  Listen closely to the words of the song above called "In the Presence of Jehovah".  Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment