Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jesus' Teachings

We have a rock foundation if we choose to hear and follow Jesus' sayings. Jesus has many valuable teachings in Luke 6:20-49. These are great teachings to refer to often and to place them on our hearts.

As Christians, we are to set ourselves separate from worldly ways and to love and to do good to everyone. Everyone includes those who do not necessarily love us and do good to us. In following Jesus' teachings, we can turn to the Psalms to serve as a song and prayer to help us along the way. A helpful Psalm is 119:9-16:

9) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

10) With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

12) Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.

13) With my lips have I declared all the judgments of my mouth.

14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

No comments:

Post a Comment