Thursday, March 10, 2011

God’s Word, God’s Will

When you read this blog, I hope you are moved to turn to the bible for more of God’s great treasures to be revealed to you. I share what is placed on my heart or what is revealed to me from my reading. Oftentimes, the entries are word-for-word from the bible (KJV). At times there are ommissions of sections. This is not because they are not important. It is because it has not been placed on my heart to write about it or there is no revelation to write about at the time. This is why I hope you always turn to the bible for more of God’s Word. There is no replacement for God’s Holy Word directly to us! If you wish to experience a gladness better than the best gladness you have experienced on earth, turn to God’s Word! “Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased” (Psalms 4:7).

At times, after I have written a blog entry, something about that blog entry or the verses involved will begin to weigh on my heart. When this happens, I believe that is God’s way of saying to me there needs to be clarification or elaboration on a matter. This is the case for the recent situation involving Samson in the book of Judges where he had an interest in marrying a Philistine woman. Samson’s parents were against this because the Philistines worshipped false gods and the Children of Israel were not to have anything to do with them for that reason. Since Israel had turned to false gods themselves, the real God delivered them into the rule of the Philistines. Israel was still not supposed to mingle with the Philistines. They were not, of course, unless it was the will of God which turns out to be the case in Samson’s situation. As shown in the previous blog entry, God ‘sought an occasion against the Philistines’ through Samson’s wish for a Philistine wife.

Long story short: Israel was not to have anything to do with the people who worshipped false gods! There is only one real and true God!

No comments:

Post a Comment