Saturday, March 26, 2011

Two Beloved Ladies Named Ruth

As I come upon the book of Ruth, two dear and special ladies that I knew by the name of Ruth come to mind.  I’ll refer to them as Ruth O. and Ruth N.  I knew Ruth O. in my early childhood years as a church friend of my mother’s.  I later met and befriended Ruth N. at work.  I have fond memories of Ruth O. and Ruth N. as good Christian friends in their respective settings.

Ruth O. was a country woman who dressed in modest apparel and wore her long red hair in a beehive style.  Ruth O. was a woman who exuded kindness and peace.  A kindness and peace shared with her brothers and sisters.  A kindness and peace shared with God.  Ruth O. was a true spiritual woman of God who I loved to be around.  I especially loved to hear her sing in church.  Ruth O. wrote songs and sang them in front of the church.  I can visualize how she shared her testimony with the congregation as she unfolded the paper with the song words.  Music was played.  The Holy Spirit would overwhelm Ruth O. as she sang.

Ruth N. was a dear work friend.  We often shared our break times together where Ruth N. would joke me about being her boyfriend and wondered when I was going to take her on a trip to Hawaii.  We shared many laughs over the ongoing joke of the time.  Ruth was a fun person to be around who was always hospitable as well as concerned about the welfare of others.

Before journeying into the book of Ruth in the bible, I wanted to briefly share with you two Ruths in my life.  Two unique and special people who will always be remembered.  Is there a beloved Ruth in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment