Monday, November 15, 2010

Continuously Rely on Jesus

I have visited the Words of Jesus in John 9:39 on various occasions and left with no clear understanding of the verse. The verse says, "And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind"

I have been unable to understand why Jesus would want a person to become blind. He had just healed a blind man. This morning, however, I have come to understand the meaning to be that Jesus wants us to continuously rely on Him. Can you see the reciprocity in the verse?

Jesus wants believers who do not understand His spiritual truths to turn to Him so they will understand. At the same time, Jesus wants believers who already understand His spiritual truths to become blind to them so they will not become self-righteous like the Pharisees. Thus, all believers are to always be reliant on Jesus for answers.

Personally, I have been blind to this explanation, but now I see. When I return to the verse at another time, I'll have to turn to Jesus for the explanation. Therefore, as a Christian, I search the scriptures with Jesus opening my eyes to the truth!

Prayer: Jesus, thank You for opening my eyes to Your truths. I pray for those searching Your Word to always turn to You for the answers! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment