Friday, February 5, 2010

Romans 13:10 and Matthew 24:10, 12

God has placed Romans 13:10 and Matthew 24:10, 12 on my heart. These verses relate closely to this week's blog entries.
Maybe you think it's ok to break the commandments. Romans 13:10 says that Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
From Matthew 24:10, 12, it appears to me that a sign of the end is that many shall break the commandments--offending brothers and sisters and leading to hatred. There will be so much sin that love toward one another shall grow cold. We must do our part today to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:21). No matter how insignificant an act of love seems, we must do it.
We can protect our hearts by praying to God for protection:

Dear Heavenly Father, please protect me from the evil around me and keep love in my heart--no matter what comes my way! Amen!

We can also keep our hearts from growing cold by warming them with a psalm. Psalm 51:10 is a good verse to sing:

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Oh yes, one additional important point in Matthew 24:13 says,

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. We should always be ready as if today is the end and stand firm to our Christian faith.

1 comment: