Saturday, February 13, 2010

Search me, O God,...

Matthew 7: 21-23:

21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and
in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work
iniquity.

God's will is for us to repent of our sins. If we do not repent, any work we do for God is done in vain and is sinful. We will be considered workers of iniquity. Matthew 7:19 says,
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Verses 23 and 24 in Psalms 139 are a good way to keep our heart in check:

23) Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24) And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Father God, I pray, please forgive me for my sinful ways and lead me into your perfect way. I want the work that I do for You not to be in vain nor to be sinful. I want to spend eternity in heaven with You and not to be cast into hell. Thank you for sending your only Son to die on the cross for my sins! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment