Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh, To Be Like Jesus!

Jesus was a victim of the blame game. The Scribes and Pharisees of His day watched Him so they could catch Him doing something they considered wrong. Their hearts were so hardened that they could not see the good that Jesus was doing.

How about the time that Jesus was in the synagogue with the man who had the withered hand. It was on the sabbath day. The Scribes and Pharisees were more concerned about whether Jesus would heal on the sabbath or not. Jesus asked them, " Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill?" But they held their peace. (Mark 4:4)

Their hearts were so hardened that they could not see the good. They had lost their judgement of good and evil. Jesus proceeded to heal the man with the withered hand. The "...weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith:..." are talked about by Jesus in Matthew 23:23. Jesus' work in Mark is an example of the weightier matters.

Today, I pray to You, Jesus, the words of Psalms 25:4-6:

4) Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

5) Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

6) Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

All of this I pray and ask, Jesus, that you help me through the Spirit to be able to see things more and more like You and to become more and more like You everyday! In Your Glorious Name, I pray! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment